TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our website is kept as current as possible. Sophie Digard items are one off pieces and their availability cannot be guaranteed. Occasionally items ordered online may not be in stock in our store. We will inform you via email should this be the case and we will happily refund the entire purchase amount.
Payment and Delivery
We offer sale of products to our customers in Australia and overseas. Prices quoted are in Australian dollars.
You must pay for your purchases in full on our website at the time of delivery. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Afterpay.
Your order will be sent by Australia Post within two days of ordering excluding weekends and public holidays. We will advise via email you when the item is sent. Standard flat fee rates apply. Delivery charges are not refundable unless the goods fail to comply with the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law.
Sophie Digard Items
All Sophie Digard items are handmade one off originals and have variations which are not deemed as faults.
Returns and Refunds Policy
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You may be entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss and damage. You may also be entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods are not of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. If you believe there is a fault with any item received by you, please let us know as soon as possible by email. We reserve the right to reject any request for returns that do not comply with the conditions above or do not fall under Australian consumer law. If your return is approved but after review your package is not accepted, it will be sent back to you at your cost.
If something is not quite what you had imagined, we are happy to offer an exchange or credit note valid for 3 months, provided that the item is in its original condition; unwashed, unworn, unused and with the original swing tags attached or packaging within 14 days of receipt together with the original receipt.
- Returns may be made in person or by post. Return postage will be at the customer’s expense. We recommend that you return the item by registered mail as Beautiful Things By… is not liable for the loss of an item being returned. Please contact us by email to organise a return. This must be done prior to postage of item.
- If the item is damaged or defective we will either replace it with an equivalent undamaged item (if available) and send this to you at no delivery cost, or refund your purchase payment to you, together with any delivery costs previously paid by you, if a replacement item is not available.
- If the returned product is in a noticeably used condition, we reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a refund, and postage on any items sent back to you will be charged at your expense.
- Once an order has been accepted by us the order may not be cancelled by you. As we do not accept returns of any item simply because you have changed your mind.
- We will not accept returns of pierced earrings or other pierced jewellery if you change your mind.
If you cannot decide on a replacement straight away, we are happy to offer you a credit note of the total value of the purchase, minus the postage costs. Credit notes are valid for 3 months.
Charges for Returns
- Original shipping charges is non-refundable
- Original tax and duty is non-refundable
- You are responsible for return shipping charges and any duties payable
Non Returnable Items
- Discounted or sale items
- Items returned for change of mind
- Sophie Digard items
Beautiful Things By is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information provided by you.
Personal Information is information that identifies or may reasonably identify you.
Personal Information we may ask for includes:
- Your name and address;
- Your delivery address;
- Your email address;
- Your gender;
- Your telephone numbers; and
- Your credit card details.
We will ask for Personal Information so that we can enable you to buy items from Beautiful Things By.
You have the right to access your Personal Information. If you wish to access, verify or update your Personal Information at any time, please contact us via email.
We also collect information about visitors to the Beautiful Things By website using Cookies and code embedded in our website.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the items you wish to purchase;
- to update you on our latest products, news and any special offers such as sale items (note that, at any time, you can choose to opt out of receiving these updates);
- to ask for your feedback on your Beautiful Things By website experience and the products we offer (note that, at any time, you can choose to opt out of requests for feedback);
- to confirm your identity if fraud is suspected;
- to disclose your Personal Information to any companies in our group for the same purposes as we use your Personal Information; and
- to disclose your Personal Information to third parties such as shipping agents, couriers, organisations who conduct credit, fraud and security checks, and market research companies.
If we wish to disclose Personal Information to third parties outside our business other than as referred to in (5) above, we will only do so where we have your express permission to do so or where it could be reasonably inferred that we have your permission to do so, if we sell our business to a third party or if we are required to make any such disclosures to comply with any law or as required by law.
If you don’t wish to receive updates, sale notifications or other emails from us, you may opt out by choosing the “unsubscribe” option in any email communication that we send you.
If there any links to other websites displayed on the Beautiful Things By website and you follow any such links, we do not accept any liability for those websites and you should refer to the privacy policies of such other websites.
We will securely store all Personal Information collected from you.
When you make an order through the Beautiful Things By website, your payment details are passed through a secure server using the latest encryption technology in accordance with industry standard.
We take active steps to protect your Personal Information against loss, unauthorised use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. Where any of our data is held outside Australia, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure or misuse of such data. We also use firewalls and encryption for transmission of data where appropriate.
Where Personal Information is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify Personal Information in a secure manner.
If you wish to make any complaint regarding the use of your Personal Information, or wish to access or correct your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Beautiful Things By, Shop 2, 6 Hannah Street, Beecroft NSW 2119.
You are entitled to make a complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner if we do not respond to you within a reasonable time or the complaint is not resolved within a reasonable time.
We may use email and/or SMS to provide marketing offers to subscribers. If you elect to subscribe to these services, we may use them to communicate offers, product information and similar information to you. We may also use search engine and social media sites to provide marketing offers. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears in any such marketing offer.
We will not deliberately send you any electronic messages without your consent.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your use of the Beautiful Things By website.
The laws of New South Wales, Australia apply to these Terms and Conditions.
Change of Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these terms and Conditions anytime. Continued use of the website will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
Billing and Account Information
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any colour will be accurate.